I don’t understand much about the adventures of Inspector Gadget, but I’ve got to hand it to the guy for his go-go-gadget attitude. Even amidst the most challenging situation, he seemed to remain calm and positive because he had some pretty positive things up his sleeve. I found myself pondering that today and I couldn’t help but wonder how different our lives would be if we too had our own personal arsenal of positivity up our sleeve. Like an omnipresent reminder of all the blessings its so easy to forget amidst the monotonous chaos of a day.
So today I shall take ten minutes to “bless my circumstances” as Sarah Ban Breathnach puts it in Simple Abundance.
1) Unbirthdays. Every day I wake up is a blessing.
2) Peanut butter.
3) Family. My mom, dad and all the other people in my life who love me. You know who you are.
4) Friends. Buddy, Indy, Diesel, Atlas, Lupy, Gus….this could take a while, so I’m going to move along with my list…
5) Wordsmiths of all backgrounds, genres, and mediums. Poets, authors, musicians, artists, and word geeks alike. You are all an inspiration.
6) Peanut butter.
7) Toys. Flea, Mrs. Prickles, Mr. Prickles, Miss Piggy, and Kermit.
8) Peas. Dad (almost) always gives me his leftover peas after mom and dad have dinner. (Don’t tell him I told you that – it is one of our little secrets).
10) The dog park
11) Playtime with mom and dad
12) Peanut butter
13) Popsicles. Mom (almost) always gives me the last few licks of these frozen bits of deliciousness. (Don’t tell her I told you that – it is one of our little secrets).
14) Simple Abundance and all its teaching me
15) This blog
17) Peanut butter
18) Car rides
19) My mom’s blue blankie. It smells like her, and its my most favorite thing to cuddle up in on a cold winter’s day
20) My groomer Mary at Paws ‘R Us
21) My forever home
22) Food in my bowl every morning and night
24) Water in my bowl at all times
25) Bedtime with mom and dad
26) Basically any time with mom and dad
27) Basically any time with people
28) Peanut butter
29) Bacon. I don’t get it often but when I do, it’s life changing.
30) Ice cream
31) Did I mention peanut butter yet?
32) Love, wherever I can get it
33) Joy, wherever I can give it
And that’s time. Phew, ten minutes sure flies by when you’re using it to fill up your arsenal of positivity. Go go gadget gratitude!