Four months ago, it was just an idea. I was playing in the snow with my mom and she smiled the most beautiful smile and it came to me. I want to find a way to make more people smile like that. A few days later, I began my blogging journey on a quest to share joy: from the ground up with whoever needed it. While I obviously hoped that my joy would reach people, I nearly fell out of my little doggie bed when I got my first couple of followers. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there,” as Teddy Roosevelt said.
Today, I celebrate you, my inspiration, my supporters, my friends. The blogosphere has brought to life the words of Ronald Reagan who once said “we can’t help everyone but everyone can help someone.” What a powerful impact we can have through simplicity. What a blessing to be able to be the difference we want to see in the world. Dear blogging world. You’ve been so good to me. While I set out to share my joy with the world, I did not expect the joy you would share with me.
Thank you especially to Kuruk, Lissa and Lisa who have most recently nominated me for the Versatile and Very Inspiring Blog awards. Both types of awards make a similar suggestion to include seven facts about yourself and then paw forward the appreciation to other inspirational bloggers.
Getting to Know Me
1) I recently got a new collar that says Rescued on it. It might be my new favorite thing.
2) I don’t bark, except when animals (live or animated) appear on the television.
3) I believe in being the change I want to see in the world. Change starts in the mind, but it lives in the heart.
4) I purr like a cat when I’m getting an especially nice scratch in the right place.
5) Little people are wise beyond their years if you ask me.
6) I own a more than one doggie Packer jersey.
7) My favorite place to sleep is right between my mom and dad in my forever home.
I learn something new every day and a lot of that is thanks to the relationships I’ve been fortunate enough to have in the blogosphere. Again, I mean no disrespect to those who nominated me in doing this, but I nominate you – reader and supporter of my blog for these awards. There are so many deserving partners who inspire me on a daily basis with their words, commentary and friendship. Thank you all for being you.
Four months ago, I had no idea who you were, and now I consider each and every one of you a valuable part of my life. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,” suggested Buddha, “and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”